Founded in 1929 by Frank J. Davy, Davy Engineering Co. is today the oldest and largest consulting engineering firm in the La Crosse area. The firm initially provided services to the City of La Crosse and nearby communities for local streets, highways, bridges, and sewer and water systems.
In 1938, Frank’s son, Philip S. Davy, joined the firm. As a result, the company name changed to Frank J. Davy and Son, with services directed more toward water supply, water treatment, and wastewater collection and treatment.
In the 1940s, the firm name was changed to Davy Engineering Co.
Philip’s son, Michael F. Davy, a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, joined the company in 1969 and became the third generation of the Davy family to lead the firm.
In 1975, the company established Davy Laboratories to provide municipal and industrial clients with cost-effective analyses of their water supply and wastewater discharges. In addition, the laboratory provided support for the engineering division in designing and evaluating performance of water and wastewater treatment facilities and addressing water quality issues.
Michael’s brother, Thomas H. Davy, joined the firm as office manager in 1981. In 1994, Michael’s son, Mark S. Davy, the fourth-generation family member, joined the firm as project engineer after graduating with a degree in civil and environmental engineering from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Davy Engineering Co. offers engineering services in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa.
We have provided engineering and surveying services for the following La Crosse-area residential subdivisions, commercial, industrial, and institutional clients:
Green Meadows, Irish Valley, Sherwood Manor, Wedgewood Terrace, Wedgewood Valley, Greenwald Coulee, Heather Hills, Highland Park, Cliffwood Terrace, Cliffwood Heights, Cliffwood Addition, Arbor Hills, Hiawatha Islands, Lauderdale Addition, Country Club Estates, Waterford Valley, and Aspen Valley
Pralle Center, Woodman’s, Shelby Mall, Crossroads Center (Cub Foods), Menard’s, Market Place, Home Depot, Gundersen Lutheran – Onalaska Campus, and Seminary Park